In this time of the year the idea of spending a few days in the snow is quite appealing. To enjoy the open air practising your favourite sports: trekking, skiing, snow, etc. or simply relaxing on the mountainside is an ideal way to spend your Christmas holidays with your relatives and friends.
But just as we dress suitably warmly to go out to the street we should prepare and protect our skin to prevent accidents.
In winter our skin suffers from exposure to the cold, wind, sudden changes of temperature, heating, environmental humidity, UV radiation, etc. which produces dryness, sensitivity, ageing, tightness, lack of comfort, etc.
We give you 5 recommendations to look after your skin while you have fun in the snow:
- Hydrate your face well: the dehydration of the skin is one of the main factors that influence skin ageing. The cold and the wind dry up the skin. To avoid this, use daily a hydrating cream with extra rich texture, full of ingredients that provide intense and lasting hydration that also comforts and relieves the sensation of tightness associated with cold climates.
- Pay special attention to the most delicate areas: eyes, nose, cheeks, lips and even the ears are areas that dry up more easily. Don’t forget to give specific care for the lips; you will avoid them from cracking and they will be protected applying a good lip protector.
- High solar protection: snow reflects nearly 80% of the solar radiation; this is why about 20 minutes before going out you should apply a solar protector against UVA, UVB and IR-A always of the highest index, which apart from preventing your skin from burning also prevents photoageing. Careful with cloudy days! The effects of radiation occur also, don’t forget to apply a filter just because you can’t see the sun. Use a water-resistant cream; you will prevent sweat or snow from reducing the effectiveness of your solar protector.
- A good facial hygiene: at the end of the day it is essential to cleanse the face to get rid of possible makeup residues or simply dirt and dead cells that obstruct the pores preventing the skin from oxygenating. When starting the day cleanse the skin again to remove the toxins and oil we produce while we sleep. Choose a light milk/toner that respects the balance of your skin.
- Repair the skin: as in summer, after sun exposure a good cream, emulsion or repairing emulsion with soothing, hydrating and nourishing properties will allow to revitalise photoaged skin. Choose a restoring shock like SHOCK FLUIDS PHOTO-AGED RECOVERY as an intensive solution to recover the condition of photoaged skin.
- If you have doubts or need more information
- you can go to a Germaine de Capuccini Beauty Centre
- or contact us at the free phone number 900 442 442
- or at Facebook (Germaine de Capuccini) and Twitter (@germaine_esp)