Do you know if your skin is sensitive or could become sensitive? Do you know what factors can produce sensitive skin?
In these last years there are more and more persons who declare they have fragile and sensitive skin.
Discover if you have sensitive skin or how to detect it in this post.
What type of skin is sensitive skin?
Sensitive skin is not a skin type but a condition of the skin. It is a characteristic that can affect skin that is atopical, dry, normal, combination, oily or with acne.
At what age can sensitivity affect the skin?
Sensitivity can appear at any age. Other factors alter the skin.
What factors can produce or set off sensitive skin?
Skin can lose its calm for several reasons, internal or external, that can have a genetic origin and set off and/or worsen for various factors. We will now name some of them.
- Psychological such as stress, emotions…
- Skin pigmentation.
- Having a thin stratum corneum.
- A reduction of epidermal hydration.
- Skin diseases such as atopical dermatitis, acne, psoriasis, rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis and vitiligo.
- Hormonal changes.
- Application of inadequate cosmetics or with irritating substances (Retinol. AHAs, chemical peelings, etc.)
- Certain aesthetic operations that leave the skin fragile (abrasive laser, phototherapy, lifting…)
- Shaving, in the case of men, can produce skin irritation.
- Facial depilation can sometimes produce a reaction that lasts several hours or even more than a day.
- Climate factors such as cold, sun, wind, heat, pollution, air-conditioning, low humidity produced by heating.
- UV radiation, ozone and environmental pollutants.
- Smoking can produce sensitive skin.
How to detect sensitive skin?
On many occasions it is a natural condition. On others it is a transitory condition that requires restoring normality.
They have in common the LACK OF COMFORT.
When skin presents the following signs:
Which can be accompanied by signs like swelling, desquamation, dryness and roughness.
A series of very diverse reactions that no doubt affect the quality of life of those who suffer them. Then we are dealing with sensitive skin.
SOS I have sensitive skin!
Germaine de Capuccini, with B-CALM, approaches the care of sensitive skin from the alteration of the “protective mantle” this skin suffers, aiming at protecting and balancing the skin’s ecosystem.
Start to feel the comfort of being in your own skin